Maltepe University Human and Humanities Application & Research Center (MUTAM)
Maltepe University, İstanbul, TURKEY
July 30-31, 2015
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Conference on Female Migration 2015
This conference will bring together researchers from multiple disciplines (migration studies, economy, psychology, medicine, management, sociology, anthropology, gender studies etc.) to consider how migration and gender issues are represented worldwide.
The goal of the conference is to analyse and to explore causes, problems, difficulties, opportunities, prospects, achievements and outcomes for female immigrants and female labour migrants in host countries. We welcome individual papers from different disciplines doing cultural, cross-cultural and multi-cultural research relating to the migration of women and gender issues (migration studies, economy, psychology, medicine, management, sociology, anthropology, gender studies etc.).
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The migration of women from former Soviet Union countries to Turkey;
- Women-immigrants in host countries;
- Behavior and survival strategies of female migrants in host countries;
- Female migration as a modern phenomenon;
- Labour movements worldwide;
- Gender and racial stereotypes;
- Gender equality and inequality;
- Medical services for female migrants;
- Female migration and shadow economy;
- Legal and illegal status of female immigrants;
- Citizenship and governmental support for female migrants;
- Discrimination and violence against female migrants;
- The law in host countries and its impact on the migration of women;
- Marriage, family, parenting of female immigrants in host countries;
- Modern slavery of female migrants abroad.
Please submit an abstract of the paper (approx. 350-400 words) with a brief author bio of 100-150 words no later than May 15, 2015. Please, submit your work as an attachment in Word [.doc – or – .docx] to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must be final and fully edited.
For each abstract you are expected to submit following information:
- Presentation title
- Name(s) of author/s
- Affiliation(s) of author/s
- An abstract of the paper (approx. 350-400 words)
- Short (100-150 words) biography of the presenter
Registration details: Inclusion in the final program is contingent on payment of the registration fee by the presenting authors by June 15, 2015.
Conference fee: 125 Euro
More information here.