Call for papers to the special number dedicated to the memory of Ihor Markov
- September 12, 2022
DEAR SCIENTIFIC SOCIETY, Professional journal of the Ethnology Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine “NARODOZNAVCHI ZOSHYTY” announces a set of articles and materials to the special number dedicated to the memory of Ihor Markov (1963—2022), PhD in History, Senior Researcher, founder and first head of the Department of Social
The release of the issue is scheduled for April 2023 and is timed to the 60th anniversary of our colleague’s birthday.
- We invite you to submit your own original research, which covers primarily (but not exclusively) scientific topics and issues that Ihor Markov was particularly interested in:
- Development strategies of Ukraine in the era of global changes, transformations and threats to national security.
- Transnational migrations and Ukrainian realities: social and gender aspects.
- Spiritual and religious orientations of modern Ukrainian youth and society.
- Social mobilities in a global and informational perspective.
- Political leadership and geopolitics, human activity, and its integration into the political community.
- Life strategies of people during the war.
- Historical (grand) narratives and memory in the creation of Ukrainian national self-identity.
- Traditions and innovations: socio-cultural, inter-ethnic life in Ukraine.
- Interdisciplinary vector in methodological approaches of modern humanitarian studies.
We also invite those who personally knew Ihor Markov and had the opportunity to collaborate with him in research projects to send their own memories of the life and scientific path of Ihor Markov.
Text volume – 20-22 thousand characters with spaces, including a reference.
For text and illustration design requirements, see: https://nz.lviv.ua/avtoram/. We send a sample of the current text with all its components (abstract in Ukrainian, English, bibliography, references) in the attachment.
Preparation will take place in three stages:
- Acceptance of applications (topic, short abstract of up to 500 characters, information about the author) – until September 15, 2022.
- The deadline for submission of the full text, prepared in accordance with the requirements, is until December 20, 2022.
- Finalization of articles after review and scientific editing (if necessary) — by February 1, 2023.
We welcome everyone who knew I. Markov personally, for whom he was a colleague, teacher or friend who encouraged scientific research, to participate in this project.
Please send your applications (topic, abstract and information about the author) by September 15, 2022 to two e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Oksana Kuzmenko, responsible editor,
Ph.D., leading researcher of the Department of Social Anthropology.
Hanna Zaremba-Kosovych, editor,
Ph.D., Research Fellow of the Department of Social Anthropology.